- Oct 30 - Project Assigned
- Nov 6 - Arrive to class with Research, script, styleframe
- Nov 13 - Arrive with storyboard and recorded script.
- Nov 20 - Arrive with progress on animation.
- Nov 27 - No Class
- Dec 4 - Arrive with progress on animation.
- Dec 13 - Arrive with final animation.
Use motion graphics to explain a complicated subject. Develop a script for a 0:45 – 1:00 video essay. The script can be completely original and based on your own research or it can be heavily derived from a single article. If heavily based on an existing article, make sure to give credit at the end of your video. Your piece can be based on data and statistics, tell a story, or detail a process.
This project will require a lot of language. Rather than using just type on screen, utilize a voice-over to read your script. For an affordable and professional VO, visit fiverr.com's VO section. Use this VO in conjunction with a background track to establish the pace of your piece.
- Research, including a content outline or article that will be the source of your script
- A script, written to be read in the allotted time.
- One or more styleframes which presents the basic visual styles of your video.
- A Storyboard, which matches your script with basic visuals.
- A 0:45 to 1:00 video at 1920x1080 resolution